Ladies and gentlemen, it is with great joy that I present to you the new and improved…..
Perfectly Disheveled! (The crowd goes wild)
Every now and again, we all need to hit the reset and refresh button and PD certainly needed that. From design, to platform (buh-bye Blogger), it was time to take this site to the next level. In addition to how sweet and delicious life is between a 6-year old with two front teeth missing and a fiance that wants to marry me even though I sleep with my mouth open (TMI?), I’ve also had the great opportunity of working with incredible brands this past year and have some wonderful campaigns lined up for 2014. All of these things, these stories, these adventures, need a proper place to live and be shared!
So, in an effort to keep my site visually interesting, current, sharable and make my DIY projects and recipes shot with my iPhone not completely obvious, (there’s no solution for that, I realize, but one can dream), I hired Carolynn of Two Brunettes to redesign the site and layout and reflect me and my aesthetic. After a great conversation and a Pinterest board I created for her, she totally got me. Grey, gold, chalkboard paint, kraft color banners… It’s exactly what I wanted: J Crew meets West Elm.
After the design process, Carolynn teamed up with Otis at Example 7 t take care of all the development and programming. Let me just say, thank god there are people like Otis who have tremendous patience and brains for this stuff, because this part of blogging is my least favorite part and the part where my head nearly explodes because it’s a language I just don’t compute.
Here’s some of the cool changes and additions to check out:
- *New pages on the navigation bar. A Little Life (Stories about Jonah, Peter, life, etc), DIY & Crafts (ideas, inspirations, how-to’s), Food & Entertaining (party ideas, recipes, wedding decor and more), Fashion & Style (tips, must-haves, how-to’s), Videos (all of the above!)
- *Photos and images have a “Pin It” icon to make sharing easy
- *My latest Instagrams are featured on the right rail .
- *You can search for posts by TOPICS on the chalkboard. Everything from “wedding” to “Jonah” to “spanx” is there. I wouldn’t want you to miss a beat.
- *At the bottom of each post, visitors can “Tell the World” by clicking on one of the share icons. (This is a novel addition for us here at PD, as we did not have this capability with Blogger). So tell the world!
- *Every post will lead to “Related Posts,” which again was not something I had on the “old” PD. Now you can just spend all the live long day reading about my life. Lucky you!!!
- *And finally, the “About Me” section has changed! Though the old “About Me” shared the story of my imaginary friends and great-grandmother’s big bra as the inspiration for Perfectly Disheveled, I’m no longer living in 2009 , mom to a 4 year old old, or an editor at another parenting site. New life, new site, new scoop! Check it out!
So there you have it! The NEW Perfectly Disheveled in all it’s glory. There are still a few kinks and tweaks that I need to make until it’s perfectly perfect… or at least in true Perfectly Disheveled form: looks like it’s perfect.