This post is sponsored by Nestlé, which compensated me to partner with California Pizza Kitchen® frozen pizza and share news about the “Adventures in Entertaining” campaign this summer.
As a person who likes to party and entertain, you can imagine how over the moon I am about the fact that I’m engaged (to the man of my dreams, no less), and get to plan THE party of a lifetime. Weddings are no easy feat. I realize this. However, thanks to Pinterest and all things bridal, I’ve gathered dozens of ideas, inspirations, and, of course, DIY projects that I’m bursting at the seams to do.
The summer is slowly winding down and Jonah is even back to school. As things start to cool down and I start to dive into my world of all things wedding bells, my fiancé and I thought it would be fun to invite our closest group of friends over for a game night. With my birthday just around the corner, we thought it would be a perfect opportunity to celebrate (moi) and just have fun with some old school board games and delicious food. Can you say Park Avenue and pizza anyone???
To compliment a night of games and light-hearted competition (read: fire and spice. Hey, when I play, I play hard), I’m going to serve California Pizza Kitchen® (CPK) Thai-Style Chicken pizza. I also plan to serve Asian Mojitos and keep dessert light with Coconut Ice Cream and fortune cookies.
Want to host a game night of your own? Check out my tips below:
1. Encourage guests to bring their favorite board games. Once guests arrive, you can even make a game out of choosing which one you’ll play!
2. On game night, there’s always a winner! Award the winner(s) with take-home prizes…a gift card to purchase apps, or games for their phone, or even your favorite board game makes a great prize!
3. For fun tablescape decor, place your platters on old board games and stack boxes for food risers. You can glue Scrabble pieces on to note cards or write on playing cards to label food items.
4. “Infusing” your game night with Asian or spicy food? Serve small bites on wonton soup spoons, out of small Chinese food takeout boxes, or lettuce wraps!
5. Serve spiced or Asian infused cocktails to keep game night spicy and serve with your CPK Thai-Style Chicken pizza!
6. Have an outdoor area? Keep it fun and colorful by filling a galvanized bucket with ice and loading it with your favorite beverages, wrapped with logos of iconic and lovable board games. You can really spice it up by having an area set up to play corn-hole. (Will be a nice break from buying property and “Going to Jail!”)
Want more fabulous ideas for entertaining? Head to Pinterest and check out my CPK “Adventures inEntertaining” board!