As most of you know, I’m a writer/producer for Momlogic.com. Recently, I’ve become a lot more active in our ML Community which is social networking site much like Facebook. We’re working really hard to create more activity and increase our membership, and in doing so, I’ve connected with some other mom bloggers. A lot of bloggers “interview” one another and Laura from metrogirl.typepad.com sent me some terrific questions:
1) If you didn’t have to work (didn’t need the income) what would you being doing all day and why?
Okay, this may sound obnoxious but if I didn’t “have” to work, it’s safe to say that I would be able to afford full time help, right? Because, if so, I would be home with my son all day, BUT have the luxury to write as much as I needed and wanted to… I’d finish my novel (see #2) and other screenplays I’ve started or developed. I’ve often thought about going back to school for my Masters…. First and foremost though, I’d organize my effing garage because it’s literally a disaster and I get anxiety thinking about it.
2) What is your novel about (currently up to 15 pages, I think…?) When do you think you’ll finish it?
I actually have written close to 30 pages (I don’t know why I wrote 15) and like I said in my random fact
list, I think about finishing it every day. I really have no idea when I will finish it. I started it when I was a couple months pregnant by taking a UCLA workshop- it was a great motivator. If I can come up for air this year, I’d love to maybe take another series to write some more. Having deadlines definitely helps. Anyway, my novel is total chick-lit and totally based on a real life experience; A couple years ago, my husband and I went on a 10 day Panama Canal Cruise with my mom, grandma, aunt AND his parents. It was fun and certainly stirred up a lot of thoughts… So my novel is about a young married couple who are contemplating whether or not they should try to get pregnant after spending nearly two weeks on a boat with their crazy family.
3) How many kiddos do you want and do you only want biological children?
I would love to have 2 maybe even 3 kids and I am completely open to the idea of adoption. For right now though, I have to say, I’m sort of in a “holding pattern” conception wise. I’m enjoying my son and only my son right now and can’t really imagine sharing that love. Talk to me in a year though, I might be singing a different tune…
4) Seriously, what’s up with the birds? Did one dive bomb you once? 😉 P.S. it cracks me up.
I know. My bird thing
is crazy and trust me I wish it wasn’t so real. My husband teases me and says that maybe I was “diddled by a bird.” Ha ha. I do remember one time coming home from school one time though and there being a dead bird on the welcome mat and I froze in fear. I was so petrified and disgusted I couldn’t even climb over the bird to get inside the door. There was no such things as cell phones then but I do remember walking back to school, using the pay phone and calling my mom to tell her she had to come home from work to let me in the house, and move the dead bird.
5) Name 5 -10 (but at least five) things you LOVE about yourself either physical or personality traits.
- I am really good at accents and impersonations. I do a great Persian accent. Seriously.
- I love my nose.
- I love that I probably could go days without a shower and still not have B.O. (is that a physical trait?)
- I do love my sense of humor– I’m often told how funny I am and it’s a compliment I cherish each and every time.
- I am really good at dissecting a problem and fixing it… maybe this is a bad thing.
- I love my ankles.
- I love that I’m handy and willing to get down and dirty. As long as it doesn’t involve birds.
Want me to interview you? Simply leave a comment with your name, email and blog and I’ll send you my questions! Thanks, Laura! This was fun!
FILED UNDER: A Little Life