Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone. This has been a pretty eventful week and I have so much to be thankful for…. This year, everyone came to our house for dinner. It was our second year hosting and once again, was a great success. (Check out a recent post I wrote for MomLogic about dealing with Four Families during the holidays). Here’s a little recap/ list of highlights from the holiday:
1) T-Ko made a kick ass turkey for the 2nd year in a row. I must confess that I was a little nervous considering he found the recipe from Food Network star Sandra Lee (“Semi Homemade”). Her food is as cheesy and WT as Rachel Ray’s. HOWEVER, it turned out GREAT. Thank g-d he didn’t ask me to create one of her “table-scapes” though… I draw the line somewhere.
2) I learned that I may have already missed the boat as far as taking care of my skin and “defying age.” According to my Auntie C who works for a high end cosmetic company, I need to “get on it, and get on it fast.” Apparently, I should have started a regimen (wash, toner, lotion, eye cream etc.) literally a decade ago. Well, I have taken heed and am going to start taking care of my 32 year old skin better. But can I just say: What a pain in the ass. Waking up with mascara caked to my cheek is so much easier, and frankly makes me feel a lot younger.
3) We determined that there were 8 sticks of butter used for all the recipes (not including dessert) Well, there were 8 of us at dinner…. That’s 1 stick of butter per person! At one point, T-Ko said he could feel his heart beating in his eye.
4) After Thanksgiving dinner, we bundled up Baby-Ko, plopped him in the stroller, and all 8 of us went for a walk around the neighborhood. It was like Dead (Fat) Man Walking.
5) After dessert we all sat around and played Guitar Hero. Nothing funny to say about this except that I wish I was a fly on the wall to hear my Nana telling her peeps down in Leisure World about this one… It’s gotta be right up there with the time she told me she couldn’t find her Yahoo…
6) Feeling fat and stuffed, I decided to take a Tae Bo class Saturday morning. Not surprising, the class was packed to the max. It usually smells pretty rank in there after any given class. This time though, it smelled like leftover turkey and Brussels sprouts. Needless to say, I am officially over Thanksgiving now. Of course, I can’t let all that pumpkin pie go to waste…. right?
FILED UNDER: A Little Life
TELL THE WORLD!