Let's see... In 2012, in no particular order...
1) I learned to surf.
2) I moved myself, my son, (and everything but the couch) in with my boyfriend to a new home. (His couch was much, much better than ours).
3) I traveled to the most impoverished country in the Western Hemisphere and held the hands of extremely sick children. (Will be able to fully discuss this life altering adventure in a few more months).
4) I saw Bruce Springsteen in concert for the first time.
5) I heard a trauma surgeon tell me that my son's life was saved because of his car seat.
6) I paid off a lot of debt.
7) I became fully aware and almost understanding of how all things Star Wars and Transformers will one day just shift into all things Sunday and Red Zone (See #2).
8) I volunteered in my son's Kindergarten class. Kinder.Garten.
9) I was featured on Elizabeth Street. Kinda cool.
10) I found myself. My calling. My love. And my strength.
It's been a good year. And I'm certain 2013 will be even better.
Happy New Year. Be safe, be happy, and be grateful. We are blessed.